Friday, March 28, 2008
A Million Dollar Friday Five
Here is the Revgals Friday quiz. Singing Owl has put up an amazing quiz on this week after Easter. It is what happens to clergy after Easter--we turn into TV junkies! Just kidding!
Lingering effects of a cold have me watching more television than usual. There appears to be a resurgence of the old daytime staple--the quiz show. Except they are on during prime time, and a great many of them offer the chance of winning one million dollars.
I think it started with Regis Philbin and "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" but now we have a half dozen or so.
My husband and I started musing (after watching "Deal or No Deal") about what we could do with a million dollars. I thought I'd just bring that discussion into the Friday Five this week. It's simple. What are five things you would want to do with a million dollar deposit in your bank account?
I guess I have always dreamed of hitting the lottery. But I don't know how to buy a ticket--it says tons about my faith in such things. But you can always dream.
1. The first thing I would do is pay off my debts and back taxes.
2. The second thing is buy a house or a condo.
3. The third thing is visit J' relatives on the West Coast.
4. Take a trip to the Holy Land. J and I have been preaching about this place for over 30 years and have never seen it.
5. Contribute to some of the organizations that I think do a good job for the world that I haven't been able to support.