Friday, May 23, 2008

Friday Five- vacation thoughts....



Sally at revgals has come up with a great Friday five.
It is a holiday weekend here in the UK, and the weather forecast for much of the country is not good!!! But we can still dream and so with that in mind I bring you this Friday Five.

1. Getting ready for summer, do you use the gradual tanning moisturisers ( yes gentlemen you too can answer this!!!), or are you happy to show your winter skin to the world?

Naw, I have that wonderful Celtic skin that with sunless tanners turns orange! And I have never tanned, even when I was a kid. One thing about living in northern climes is that I don’t have to worry as much about burning as I did when I lived in TX. I don’t go to the beach and I don’t swim too often. But when it gets warm enough for shorts up here, no body is going to complain about my white legs.

2.Beach, mountains or chilling by the pool, what/ where is your favourite getaway?

I like a cabin in the woods by water where I can fish, read, tie flies, listen to good music and write. But I do like to travel. It does tend to wear me out, but I enjoy going new places or visiting friends in a new locations.

3.Are you a summer lover or does the long break become wearing?

I am in training for retirement. Long breaks never bother me!

4.Active holidays; hiking swimming sailing, or lazy days?

I like both. Sometimes I like to travel and others I like to just sit and read.

5.Now to the important subject of food, if you are abroad do you try the local cuisine, or do you prefer to play it safe?

I live to eat so vacations always include some good restaurants with local cuisine. What’s the point of going new places if you don’t enter the culture?

1 comment:

Processing Counselor said...

The cabin in the woods sounds good. Where upstate? Anywhere near Albany? I work for NYS and I'll be there in June.