Friday, January 16, 2009
Take me baby or Leave me. Friday Five
Songbird has left an interesting Friday Five. She posted a video which I don’t know how to do. And the music I probably wouldn’t put on my blog anyhow. But then she poses the following question.
Although written by a young man, this song from "Rent" became an anthem for women of a certain age ready to be taken on their own terms. Maureen and Joanne love each other, but they are *very* different.
Whether it's new friends or new loves or new employers, what are five things people should know about you?
1. In matters of justice and honesty, I don’t back down.
2. In matters of faith, I want to know how much we hold in common and celebrate that.
3. In matters of living, I want others to live as freely as I but with respect.
4. In matters of food, give me BBQ.
5. In matters of football, I am with anyone who is playing against Washington!