Friday, October 31, 2008

Friday Five






And so I offer this Friday Five with 5 quick hit questions... and a bonus:

1) Your work day is done and the brain is fried, what do you do?

There are several things that I do. I often take a nap if it is early enough. I sometimes cook. I enjoy cooking as long as I am not cooking for one. Sometimes I play mahjong on the computer.

2) Your work week is done and the brain is fried (for some Friday, others Sunday afternoon), what do you do?

For me it is Thursday evenings. Sometimes we go out to eat. It is usually an off-day for restaurants and it isn’t so hectic. Then I come home and watch my favorite TV show—CSI and J watches hers, ER. Sunday afternoons after hospital calls or lunch with my assistant is usually taking a nap in front of the football game on TV. When I was on the west coast I never got home in time to watch the football games. But then the Cowboys weren’t doing very well. Now, the Cowboys are doing well and we can’t get their games in NY, so I watch the Giants. I also watch the food channel. Did I say I liked to cook???

3) Like most of us, I often keep myself busy even while programs are on the tv. I stop to watch The Office and 30 Rock on Thursday nights. Do you have 'stop everything' tv programming or books or events or projects that are totally 'for you' moments?

The only thing that we really stop the world about on TV is for Wimbledon and the US Open Tennis. We do have several things that we watch regularly like CSI or CSI,NY but we can and do miss them regularly. We have just gotten a new TV set. It isn’t even set up properly and so have to wait until Mon. before we can watch it. No Cowboys this weekend!

4) When was the last time you laughed, really laughed? What was so funny?

The political satire for this campaign has been wonderful. It is the best that it has been for many years. I have been sent U-tubes that have been britches wetting. I have spewed coffee over my keyboard on several occasions. The best was “Don’t cry for me, Sarah Palin” done to the tune of Don’t Cry for Me, Argentina”. Also the problems in the Episcopal Church have been so awful that only the comic can make them bearable. Madpriest has kept me sane.


5) What is a fairly common item that some people are willing to go cheap on, but you are not.

There are several: Tires, auto repair, electronic stuff for Church like telephones, shoes, and professional clothing.

Bonus: It's become trite but is also true that we often benefit the most when we give. Go ahead, toot your own horn. When was the last time you gave until it felt good?

I gave 1k to a colleague who was in need a few weeks ago. It felt really good. I often give to things, but this was to a person and it was quite different.

1 comment:

will smama said...

So let me get this straight... your team that you are only guaranteed to see twice a year will definitely be playing on your tv this Sunday except the tv isn't set up yet.
Hmmmmmmm......

I enjoyed reading your 5. Thanks for playing.