Saturday, March 28, 2009

Friday Five: Blogroll Spotlight



Revgals was quite late in getting out its Friday Five so I am doing a Saturday special. --Muthah+
Mary Beth writes: On my blog sidebar is a list titled, "Blogs I Read Every Day." After my mother became a blogger, she asked me how I could possibly read that many blogs daily!? I had to confess it then: Okay, I don't read them all every day! I have over 100 on there! But I have favorites, and you do too.
Some of you probably use feed readers to let you know when your favorite bloggers have posted...not me, not yet. I just have folks who are part of my day-to-day.

So for today's Friday Five, give us five blogs you visit regularly, and tell us briefly WHY you like them. These can be RevGal and Pal bloggers and others ... or news sites, knitting sites, etc. Who are you showing the love to on a pretty constant basis?

Hopefully we will all get to know some new bloggy friends this way!


My blog sites (and they are relatively few) that I read regularly are mainly to keep me up with what is going on in the Episcopal Church while I work in the ELCA. Since I cannot join in on the “internal politics of Lutherlandia, I mainly keep up with ELCA issues through contact with my Lutheran colleagues at local ministeriums, or bible studies.

1. Telling-secrets.blogspot.com. Far and away the most intriguing and challenging daily walk with my church and my faith comes from my friend Elizabeth Kaeton. She is deeply immersed in TEC but mostly deeply immersed in Jesus Christ. She helps me deal with LGBT issues that I would not have thought of, she looks at political issues through the eyes of faith, she is funky and fun and one of the best story tellers I know. She is faithful to her daily sharing and I usually can’t wait to see what she has come up with that day. I feel privileged to call her my friend.

2. Katie Sherrod’s wildernessgarden.blogspot.com. Keeps me up with the goings on in the Diocese of Ft. Worth, TX. She is a mild, mannered reporter (NOT!) from my home town who tells it like it is. She has been the sole voice from that diocese that has been worth listening to for the past 30 years. It has been her single voice saying No to those who would separate the diocese from TEC that has helped those in the diocese keep fixed on faith through all the machinations of the past leadership there. She is the Molly Ivins of the Episcopal Church and I try not to miss her ‘column.’

3. anglicanfuture.blogspot.com Mark Harris from TEC’s Executive Committee writes a good blog that keeps me up on what is current in the TEC. Mark was one of J’s classmates so his hermeneutic is a known quantity. The fact that he can write well doesn’t hurt either.

4. Madpriest’s revjph.blogspot.com is the single most zany, ribald, snarky, irreverent Anglican blog I know. For the photoshopping alone this blog is worth it. There is a population of bloggers who visit there that I enjoy and sometimes follow. His ‘amurika’ following stay up with ‘mother church’ and remind the MadOne that we are a single people separated by a common language.

5. And finally, franiam.blogspot.com. Fran is a Roman Catholic struggling to stay faithful to her heritage and loving her church when the leadership does so much to tear at the fabric of the faith. I know her struggle and I am startled with the depth of her loyalty in the midst of inanity. She has been willing to find Christ in the many different denominations found in the blogosphere. She is preaching a gospel of inclusion that is so silent in the RCC these days. Good on yer, Fran!

No comments: