"For everything there is a season..." There are seasons in our lives that can only be viewed from the lens of retirement.
Friday, July 23, 2010
Friday Five: Decisions
Since I've been in the midst of a discernment process, I've done a lot of reflecting on how we make decisions. But don't worry, I'm not going to ask you to reveal a dark story about a poor decision, or a self-flagellating story about an embarrassing one. Let's keep it simple and go with five word pairs. Tell us which word in the pair appeals to you most, and after you've done all five, give us the reason why for one of them.
Here they are:
1) Cake or Pie
2) Train or Airplane
3) Mac or PC
4) Univocal or Equivocal
5) Peter or Paul
Try not to pull on the big cat's tail when you answer. :-)
1. Pie as long as it has a good crust.
2. Train: my father worked for the Santa Fe so trains are in my blood. But I would rather travel by air.
3. PC . I wouldn’t know what to do with a Mac, however with Vista I might try.
4. Univocal, I guess. But I think I would rather be equivocal. Therein lies the problem.
5. Paul because I don’t believe he said all that stuff about women! (read Borg and Crossens on this) Paul was a preacher and a passionate advocate for what it means to be a Christian. Peter was the gospel writers’ straight man always using him as a foil for the message.
Posted by Muthah+ at 7/23/2010 11:27:00 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I have tried to help friends set up blogs on their Macs, and even though they are supposed to be intuitive, I can't open a new window!
Post a Comment