"For everything there is a season..." There are seasons in our lives that can only be viewed from the lens of retirement.
Friday, January 16, 2009
Take me baby or Leave me. Friday Five
Songbird has left an interesting Friday Five. She posted a video which I don’t know how to do. And the music I probably wouldn’t put on my blog anyhow. But then she poses the following question.
Although written by a young man, this song from "Rent" became an anthem for women of a certain age ready to be taken on their own terms. Maureen and Joanne love each other, but they are *very* different.
Whether it's new friends or new loves or new employers, what are five things people should know about you?
1. In matters of justice and honesty, I don’t back down.
2. In matters of faith, I want to know how much we hold in common and celebrate that.
3. In matters of living, I want others to live as freely as I but with respect.
4. In matters of food, give me BBQ.
5. In matters of football, I am with anyone who is playing against Washington!
Posted by Muthah+ at 1/16/2009 06:46:00 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Ah, I grew up with the football opposite, against anyone who posed a threat to the Redskins!
With you on 1-3...And 4 also makes me remember that I often requested BBQ spare ribs (the thick meaty kind, not the thin bony kind) for quite a few birthday dinners as a girl....And it looks like I've talked my son into letting make it for his b-day dinner in two weeks (since it's too late to change mine, and my hubby's specialty is London Broil anyway). Thanks!
Beautiful picture. Love your play too!
Post a Comment